How to welcome and greet volunteers.
- Greet them with enthusiastic energy! It's contagious!
- Show them where they put their personal stuff in a safe place.
- Gently communicate to them we need them to stay to the end of their shift and we are counting on them.
- Hand them off to their team 'Lead' and the lead will get them oriented.
- If we have too many volunteers, can ask some to go for walk or take break for an hour or so till we are in need of them.
- If we have too little volunteers, ask current volunteers if they can stay later to help us fill out that need.