Corporations we've put through the darkness...
Corporate Team Building In The Dark®
We offer a new and exciting twist on corporate team building, training, parties, dinners, launches, and all manner of corporate events. Employees and clients alike will be blown away by this innovative and life changing experience in the dark, and will leave with unforgettable memories.
Whether you’re planning a corporate event, building buzz for a product launch or looking to create an amazing bonding experience for your clients or staff, we offer one of the most inspiring and memorable team building & dinner in the dark events you can find. Challenge and inspire your people through an incredible lunch or evening of dining and working together in the complete pitch dark.
Meet our Keynote Blind Facilitators
Corporate Entertainment In The Dark®
( 12 - 150 + persons )
Corporate Entertainment Dinner In The Dark® program curriculum is as follows:
- Gathering In The Light
- Journey Into The Darkness
- The Breaking of Bread
- Group Discussion / Question and Answer Forum
- A Music Listening Experience
- Back To The Light
- Debrief: Back To The Darkness
The Blind Cafe ~ Corporate Social Change In The Dark®
The Blind Cafe ~ Corporate Team Building In The Dark®
The Blind Cafe ~ Corporate Training In The Dark®
Pre - Assessment
We will work with your lead staff to design a Dinner In The Dark event that aligns with your companies values and desired outcomes.
Gathering In The Light
First we will start off with a reception in the lighted lobby area where the participants will have a Gathering In The Light, before they enter the darkness. This is where we give participants the ground rules and prepare them for their darkness experience. We often have wine and dark chocolate drinks before entering the darkness at this point. This is where you can communicate any intentions of the event to your company.
Into The Darkness
Then the guests are lead into the pitch dark by our professionally trained legally blind staff. Participants will have to work together to find their seats at their tables and get situated in the dark. The facilitator will challenge the participants by bringing attention to spacial awareness and navigation skills for being in the darkness.
The Blind Cafe ~ Corporate Social Change In The Dark®
The Breaking of Bread
The audience will literally break bread together at large tables, the audience working together to navigate & share food & drink in the dark. The participants will be challenged to learn new ways of communicating and socializing without their sight.
A Community Awareness Discussion In The Dark
The audience will participate in a community awareness discussion, Q & A format, between the audience and the blind facilitators. We use a Tibetan singing bowl to bring all 100+ of the audience together to practice active listening as a group, encouraging them to practice being present, listen to others and also to speak out as inspired. This is facilitated by our blind staff and is one of the most powerful aspects of our program as the participants learn how to participate in a group experience without sight. The guests hear the stories of our blind staff and the guests are encouraged to ask any questions around blindness or relating without sight. *This is flexible and we can add company discussions or speeches from any one in your company to this component of the event.
A Music Listening Experience
This is when dessert is served. The audience then is empowered to practice active music listening as a group, encouraging the audience remember what it was like to listen to music without the distraction of their visual conditioning, social etiquette and cells phones. A music performance in the dark allows the audience to move away from their thoughts and into feeling experiencing the group experience deeply in their bodies through listening to the music. The music is performed live by our professional darkness musicians Rosh & Richie Flores.
Back To The Light
Finally, after several hours without sight...we bring the participants back to the light with a very special moment we can't reveal till we are in the darkness! ;)
Debrief: Back To The Darkness
After participants have had a chance to go to the bathroom, adjust back to vision again, we will hold a discussion where they will share their experiences, challenges and insights, in the light. We'll identify takes a ways and lessons that could be brought back to the work place and to life in general.
Overview of Logistics
- Time: 3 - 4 hours in length / can be designed to fit your companies schedule and time frame. We offer both daytime and evening events. The event can be held around a dinner or lunch time or late afternoon.
- Number of Participants: 40 - 150 + persons
- Event Space: The event can be held at an on-site or off-site location such as a conference room or an alternative rental space, specifically chosen for it’s ability to be blackened out and accommodate the number of guests desired. We may have a designated venue space in your city or our Blind Cafe event coordinator staff can help find an appropriate venue space for the event.
- Food / Beverage Options: If the venue chosen does not have catering we can help find a cater to suit your needs. The client is responsible for the catering costs of the event separate from The Blind Cafe fee.
- Creating The Darkness: Our darkness team will create the darkness several hours before the participants arrive. If done on-site, we will need access to the space 4 hours before the program begins.
How to plan an event with The Blind Cafe for your company:
Our Blind Cafe event can be tailored specifically for companies needs and desires. The sky is the limit with what we can explore in the dark so welcome your creative ideas and support you in creating one of the most memorable company events ever. You choose the level of class with both catering and event space and we'll bring the darkness. We will work with you event planner to help choose the appropriate venue space for a Blind Cafe event.
Our The Blind Cafe services include:
- Planning and coordinating with your companies event planner to find an appropriate event space that can be made dark.
- Preparation, set up and break down of darkness setup.
- Providing an event coordinator the day of the event to coordinator the seating in the dark process
- 2 - 6 professionally trained Keynote Blind Staff to guide your companies guests into the dark and provide a powerful keynote discussion in the dark along with food service.
- Live music if desired for the music component of the event
Our clients event planners typically handle all areas of event planning not related to the darkness.
- Rental of event space
- Catering for event.
- Invitations for client guests
- Any other needs not related to the darkness experience.
Since our Blind Cafe events are a one of a kind experience, it’s important we get some preliminary questions answered about what your company desires so we can best serve you and send you a proposal.